• Microbusinesses are those businesses with five
or fewer employees.
• Microbusinesses represent nearly 90 percent
of all businesses in the United States.
• There are 25.5 million microbusinesses that
employ 31 million people.
• Microbusinesses, particularly underserved
entrepreneurs, frequently encounter barriers
when it comes to starting and growing their
• Microbusinesses across America are vital
agents not only to their local communities, but
also to the nation’s economic and employment
• Main Street USA is lined with powerful jobcreation agents — microbusinesses.
• A $5K increase in revenues per
microbusinesses per year would generate
more than $20 billion. That is less than $500 in
additional sales per month per business.